Senior Staff Package Development Engineer
Job Type: full-time
Application Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
USCi is seeking a highly qualified packaging engineer to drive packaging development and innovation for SiC power products (discretes and modules) and high temperature ICs. The company provides a rich environment for technical and career growth in this exciting field, with excellent projections for commercial success. Candidates must be both technically qualified, as well as doers who get things done, drawing from and operating within a high-performance team.
- Bring a breadth of experience and deploy it to develop advanced packaging techniques to push power density, enhance reliability, and improve ease of use issues for SiC power devices and modules.
- Collaborate with device/process/application engineers to develop packaging solutions for transfer to production.
- Manage qualification of new package platforms and new module developments at our packaging partners.
- Establish a robust package modeling capability for stress, thermal impedance and electrical parasitics using finite element analysis
- S or Ph.D. preferred, although B.S. would be considered
- 10+ years experience with high power density package development
- Power module expertise preferred
- Experience with RF, Laser Diode and high temperature packaging a plus
- In depth knowledge of mainstream packaging technologies and materials, equipment and practices
- In depth knowledge of packaging failure modes and reliability aspects
- Understanding of power semiconductor applications of modules/discretes a plus. Knowledge of high voltage (>1200V) packaging also a plus
- Self-starter, able to both manage developments and be hands on as needed
- Solid capability with finite element analysis simulating package stress, inductance, thermal impedance