UnitedSiC is seeking a Quality Engineer to maintain and implement quality, reliability and compliance initiatives across engineering, production and the supply chain in support of the company’s objectives.
• Improving and maintaining Supplier Quality-regular audits, initiate, track and drive to closure quality events including corrective action requests (CARs) and eight-discipline (8Ds).
• Monitoring the completion and implementation of corrective/preventative actions through follow up with internal and external resources.
• Managing Customer Quality- support customer requests (audits, product documentation); customer complaints (RFA intake, investigation (FA), generate reports)
• Collaborate with the engineering teams to develop and execute reliability qualification strategies based on the product lifecycle, industry standards and customer requirements.
• Validate that customer requirements are translated into practical reliability test specifications.
• Drive for standardized methodologies and processes for increased effectiveness of qualification plans and the sample sizes used.
• Role-models quality principles by initiating and driving continuous-improvement projects.
• Bachelor’s in Engineering or equivalent work experience.
• Proven track record with a minimum of 4 years of experience in relevant field.
• Quality experience in the Automotive Industry is preferred.
• Broad technical knowledge of semiconductor technologies, products and manufacturing processes.
• Experience with ISO 9001 or IATF16949.
• Experience in Lean and Six Sigma methodologies.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of Microsoft Office or similar productivity software.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize the workload, proactively address problems and meet deadlines.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent problem-solving skills, team-oriented, collaborative and a willingness to learn.
• Ability to travel to suppliers, subcontractors, and customers as required (domestic and international).
Sign up for our quarterly newsletter and receive important technical information on all new products, app notes, white papers, and blogs.